Review: Mad Catz Strike 5

Click to go to articles parent site->>Review: Mad Catz Strike 5


Review: Mad Catz Strike 5
Pulpit rock
This then is the Mad Catz STRIKE 5, the inevitable cheaper little brother to the impressively mad STRIKE 7. Well, I say cheaper, but it isn't cheap. It's still hitting the shelves at nearly £200, which is a lot of cash to drop on any gaming peripheral and really only something to think about if you've already bought every single other performance component that could help your rig. After all, you could buy an awesome graphics card for that much cash, and still have change. So what is missing in this cut-down STRIKE? Well, interestingly, I'm not entirely sure that you are missing very much at all. The big feature of the STRIKE 7 was the VENOM touchscreen interface module, and I have to admit that I wasn't a big fan of the resistive technology it employed, or the lack of any meaningful or useful applications for it. Mad Catz has promised that it's been in touch with publishers and developers with the SDK, and is expecting new applications to come through, but a couple months have passed since its release and we're still waiting. The EYE OLED module, however, is actually a little more functional out of the box. The nine numbered buttons aren't particularly inspiring and also seem a little flimsy, but they're simple to program and use. The little OLED screen in the EYE though can show a myriad of different things, from the mic and speaker volumes to the icon of whatever app you've programmed it to open with a flick of a switch. The feel of the physical buttons aside, I'm actuall

Read More

            Google+